How to Quickly and Safely Brew 1/2 Gallon of Great Loose Leaf Iced Tea:
1. Heat one quart of filtered water to the temperature indicated in the brewing instructions.
2. Pour it over the amount of tea you would use to make about 4-5 cups of hot tea and brew as directed.
3. If you add sugar, do it now and stir well.
4. Fill a 1/2 gallon pitcher half way with ice.
5. Pour the brewed tea into the pitcher through a strainer to catch the leaves, or remove the infuser. Stir until well chilled and the ice stops melting. Add cold water or more ice to make 1/2 gallon.
6. It's ready to drink! Enjoy! To make a gallon, just double the amount of boiled water and tea.
Check out our Iced Tea section for our recommendations on good iced teas.