Free Shipping on Orders of $99 or More! Find out more!
Having trouble logging into your account? Click Here
- Is your site secure?
- What payment methods do you accept? Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, checks, money orders, and Pay Pal. For more detailed information about payments, visit our Payment FAQs.
- Do I have to order online?
Online ordering will ensure the fastest processing, but you may also order via phone.
- To order by phone, call our toll-free number, 866-551-5520. Customer Service hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:00AM-4:30PM (Mountain Time). If you get our voice mail, please leave as much information as you can so we can get your order started. If necessary, we'll return your call as soon as possible, although it may take up to one business day.
- If you have Internet access, but don't want to use your credit card over the web, you may select "Pay by Phone" as your payment method when you check out. This will generate a regular online order and will speed processing. Then just give us a call with your credit card number. We offer this service since many people are afraid to use their credit cards online; however, it is actually safer to enter your credit card information on a secured online checkout page than to use the telephone, which is not secure.
- When will I get my order?
We are in Colorado, so depending on how far you are from us, it may vary 1-5 business days. For example, to California usually takes 3 business days; to the east coast takes 5 business days. It shouldn't take longer than a week at the most. We try to process all orders received weekdays before 1PM Mountain Time on the day the order was placed. Orders placed over the weekend will not ship before Monday. You will receive an email notification when your order ships that will include the tracking number. Express shipping is also available when you checkout. For more detail about our shipping service, please visit our Shipping Info link.
- Will my basket expire if I don't check out within a certain time frame?
Yes, baskets time-out in 6 hours of inactivity. If you start to put things in your basket, but leave the basket inactive for 6 hours, your basket will automatically empty.
- What package sizes does your tea come in?
We sell our tea by the ounce, so you may order any number of ounces you like. One ounce of tea makes 10-15 cups of brewed tea, so you can order trial sizes before you commit to a larger purchase. Price breaks are given for most teas at 2 oz., 4 oz. (quarter pound), 8 oz. (half-pound), 16 oz. (pound), and 32 oz. (two pounds). To see the volume price table for any tea (see sample image on right), just click on the tea name or photo. This will also show you a larger photo and give a full description of the tea. Then enter the number of ounces you'd like in the Quantity field on the product's detail page (see image below). A "1" is there by default, indicating one ounce of tea. If you need separate packages of any one tea, say 2 4-oz bags of Earl Grey, put 4 oz. in your basket, then put another 4 oz. in your basket. This will show up as two separate items in your basket and will indicate to us how you'd like your tea bagged.
- Can I get samples of tea?
Yes, and you can even select which teas you'd like to sample. The purpose of our sample offer is to let you taste several teas before you invest in larger quantities. This helps our customers order with confidence. Here are the guidelines:
- We're happy to send you up to three tea samples with any order, which are placed in small foil pouches and labeled. A sample will be approximately 1/3 oz. of tea leaves, or enough to make about 3 cups.
- Most tea samples are free, but the more expensive teas have a small charge.
- Why only 3 samples? Three reasons: 1) the vast majority of the samples we send out are free, so if we didn't limit it, we wouldn't survive long; 2) even for samples that carry a charge, preparing them is rather intensive in labor, time, and packaging for a very small amount of product; 3) you can buy one ounce of tea at a time here, which is very inexpensive for most tea, and this amount is often considered a "sample" for many other tea shops.
- You must buy something to be eligible for tea samples, but there is not a minimum dollar amount required. Please be kind and do not place multiple small orders in an attempt to get more than 3 free samples. (It is usually more cost-effective to order a few one-ounce packages and your 3 free samples in one order, rather than splitting it up and having to pay for shipping more than once.)
- To order tea samples, click the "Add Sample to Basket" button for the tea you want (see image above). If there is a charge for the sample, it will be noted by the button.
- Because ordering multiple free samples of the same tea is not consistent with our purpose, there is a limit of 1 sample of any one tea.
- Please remember that you can buy small amounts of any tea, as little as one ounce (enough to make about 15 cups), without paying extra for the privilege.
- How is the tea packaged?
We pack your tea in heavy, zip-lock foil bags to ensure your tea will stay fresh for several months. We have a wide variety of sizes ranging from 1 ounce to 2 pounds, so you can order the amount you want. All teas are labeled with the name of the tea, the quantity, and any special brewing instructions.
- What about returns or exchanges?
Your complete satisfaction is our goal. If you are dissatisfied with your purchase for any reason, simply return the item to us within 30 days of your receipt of the merchandise for a refund or exchange. Please understand that we can only refund shipping charges if the return is a result of our error. If you are dissatisfied with any tea purchase, you may return the unused portion within 30 days with your receipt for a refund of that portion. Please try to buy small amounts of new teas so you can try them first. Note that free samples of most teas are available with any order. Shipping costs cannot be refunded on tea purchases.
See guidelines for returning your item at our Return Policy link.
- What's the best way to contact you?
For fastest service, please use our Contact Us page. We respond to emails quickly and have found that most inquiries can be handled that way.
- Can I come visit your store?
We don't have a retail storefront, only our online store.
- How big is The Tea Table?
This is a small, independently owned and operated business, not a huge corporation or chain. You will always get personal service here from John (the General Manager) or one of our staff.
- How can I get a catalog?
We don't have a paper catalog at this time. We use the web site as our catalog, and everything that we carry is listed on the site.
- I need help choosing some tea!
Please vist our Tea 101 department for more detailed information on tea and tea brewing. You are also welcome to call or email us for personal assistance. Contact Us.
- How can I get coupons?
We always post coupons on the site - just click on the Specials/Coupons link at the bottom of any page for our current coupon. Tea of the Month Club Members also will receive a coupon with every tea shipment.
- Do you donate for fundraisers and other non-profit events?
We've done a fair amount of donations in the past, but we receive so many requests now that just responding to all them has become impossible. So, for now, we are not doing any donations other than our routine donations to our favorite charities.
- I'm opening my own tea business. Can I order from you or can you just tell me who your vendors are?
We currently wholesale our teas to other small businesses. Please Contact Us for details about our wholesale program.
- I love your store! How can I help?
If you happen to have a web site or a blog of your own, please consider adding a link to www.theteatable.com and/or http://www.theteatable.com/blog/. Thanks!
Lori Way, MS, RD, President, and John Rice, General Manager