- Is your site secure?
- What payment methods do you accept? Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, checks, money orders, and Pay Pal.
- Do I have to order online?
Online ordering will ensure the fastest and most secure order processing, but you may also order via phone.
- To order by phone, call our toll-free number, 866-551-5520. Customer Service hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:00AM-4:30PM (Mountain Time). If you get our voice mail, please leave as much information as you can so we can get your order started. If necessary, we'll return your call as soon as possible, although it may take up to one business day.
- When will I get my order?
We are in Colorado, so depending on how far you are from us, it may vary 1-5 business days. For example, to California usually takes 2-3 business days; to the east coast takes 2-4 business days. It shouldn't take longer than a week at the most. We try to process all orders received weekdays before Noon Mountain Time on the day the order was placed. Orders placed over the weekend will ship on Monday. You will receive an email notification when your order ships that will include the tracking number. Express shipping is also available when you checkout. For more detail about our shipping service, please visit our Shipping Info link.
- Will my basket expire if I don't check out within a certain time frame?
Yes, baskets time-out in 6 hours of inactivity. If you start to put things in your basket, but leave the basket inactive for 6 hours, your basket will automatically empty.
- What package sizes does your tea come in?
We sell our tea by the ounce, so you may order any number of ounces you like. One ounce of tea makes 10-15 cups of brewed tea, so you can order trial sizes before you commit to a larger purchase. Price breaks are given for most teas at 2 oz., 4 oz. (quarter pound), 8 oz. (half-pound), 16 oz. (pound), and 32 oz. (two pounds). To see the volume price table for any tea (see sample image on right), just click on the tea name or photo. This will also show you a larger photo and give a full description of the tea. Then enter the number of ounces you'd like in the Quantity field on the product's detail page (see image below). A "1" is there by default, indicating one ounce of tea. If you need separate packages of any one tea, say 2 4-oz bags of Earl Grey, put 4 oz. in your basket, then put another 4 oz. in your basket. This will show up as two separate items in your basket and will indicate to us how you'd like your tea bagged.
- Can I get samples of tea?
Yes, and you can even select which teas you'd like to sample. The purpose of our sample offer is to let you taste several teas before you invest in larger quantities. This helps our customers order with confidence. Here are the guidelines:
- We're happy to send you samples of up to three different teas, which are placed in small foil pouches and labeled the same as the larger packages. A sample will be approximately 1/4 oz. of tea leaves, or enough to make about 3 cups.
- Most tea samples are free, but the more expensive teas have a small charge.
- You must buy something to be eligible for tea samples, but there is not a minimum dollar amount required
- To order tea samples, click the "Add Sample to Basket" button for the tea you want (see image above). If there is a charge for the sample, it will be noted by the button.
- Please remember that you can buy small amounts of any tea, as little as one ounce, which is enough to make about 12 cups.
- How is the tea packaged?
We pack your tea in heavy, zip-lock foil bags to ensure your tea will stay fresh for several months. We have a wide variety of sizes ranging from 1 ounce to 2 pounds, so you can order the amount you want. All teas are labeled with the name of the tea, the quantity, and any special brewing instructions.
- What about returns or exchanges?
Your complete satisfaction is our goal. If you are dissatisfied with your purchase for any reason, simply return the item to us within 30 days of your receipt of the merchandise for a refund or exchange. Please understand that we can only refund shipping charges if the return is a result of our error. If you are dissatisfied with any tea purchase, you may return the unused portion within 30 days with your receipt for a refund of that portion. Please try to buy small amounts of new teas so you can try them first. Note that free samples of most teas are available with any order. Shipping costs cannot be refunded on tea purchases. See guidelines for returning your item at our Return Policy link.
- What's the best way to contact you?
For fastest service, please use our Contact Us page. We respond to emails quickly and have found that most inquiries can be handled that way.
- Can I come visit your store?
We don't have a retail storefront, only our online store.
- How big is The Tea Table?
This is a small, independently owned and operated business, not a huge corporation or chain. You will always get personal service here from John (the Owner & General Manager) or one of our staff.
- I need help choosing some tea!
Please vist our Tea 101 department for more detailed information on tea and tea brewing. You are also welcome to call or email us for personal assistance. Contact Us.
- How can I get coupons?
We always post coupons on the site - just look at the main page of our site to find the current coupon
- I'm opening my own tea business. Can I order from you or can you just tell me who your vendors are?
We currently wholesale our teas to other small businesses. Please Contact Us for details about our wholesale program.
- I love your store! How can I help?
If you happen to have a web site or a blog of your own, please consider adding a link to www.theteatable.com. Thanks!
John Rice, Owner/General Manager